Yo, people! It's me again (duh). My finals is around the corner, yes, very soon I will be super busy doing my revision, university application, planning and booking for vacation. To sum up, life as a university student especially you have constant tests as well as presentation going on. Not only that, the burden is there when you are assigned as a treasurer of the school. You will have lots of meeting within the board of directors, with student/club advisor, head of school and student alumni centre or even other schools for collaborations to plan the whole year events. Yeah, that's my university life. You would not believe if I tell you I do not feel stress at all, that's a freaking lie. Nevertheless, it is very normal for a student to have stress, you most probably to be more stress when you are working. So, I'm sharing several of my ways to fight against stress.
1) Listen to calming music.
Well, people define their own calming music as each person have their own preference of music. This is because some people would prefer listening to soft music with slow rhythm and sad tune, whereas some define their calming music as heavy rock/metal songs, there is also a part of the people who enjoy r&b/music with some beats (ME!). As the old saying goes, music calm people down, it is a major stress relief for people like me. Thus, I love listening to music but I do not only listen when I'm stress.
2) Doing something you love.
For my case, I feel relaxed when I do handcraft. It's not only benefits me but also my friend because I usually do handcraft for them as their birthday gift or some festive present. So it kills two birds with a stone. Other than that, swimming and sleeping are my hobbies too. I spend a lot of my time sleeping and I usually go swimming with my family during the weekends.
3) Plan ahead.
The first two was teaching you how to calm your tits down (mind my language). Here is one real technique to help reduce stress. In order to release stress, you have to find out what makes you stress. Stress does not come right away for no reason, you might be afraid of something such as the due date of assignments, presentations and finals as a student. Therefore, you need to prepare yourself well so that you will not be afraid of it. First, you have to set your goals and make a schedule of what you should do to achieve your objective. This decide how well you can be prepared before the 'tsunami' come. Next, if you fail to do it so, it is alright. Just remember to have a back up plan in case the initial arrangement does not go smooth, before some unforeseen circumstance hit you hardly.
4) Execute.
Taking action is the most crucial part besides making plans. Without carrying out any of the steps that stated in your personal timetable, you can not succeed in attaining your aims. FOLLOW your arrangements! That's my most sincere advise ever.
5) Motivation.
Self motivating is another main method for me to decrease my stress level. Yeah, I'm very lucky that I'm born with an ability to motivate myself. I am always highly motivated even though there are some time that I got into bad mood or emo. However, I recover from the negative thoughts rapidly. I do not know how to teach you to stay motivated at most days, but I could share some of my practices that I usually do. For examples, I look for motivating quotes that inspire me, print it out and stick it to my cork board and keep it in my notebook. Hence, it helps me to get energized and motivated every time I see these quotes. Moreover, you can share enlightening video clips in your social media. Filtering your negative thinking friends is another way to prevent any demotivation from them. Keeping yourself away from them, your life would be so much easier without them, it is OKAY to leave them and find other friends.
I admit that it is not enough for you to fight against stress completely, but it eventually help you a little. I hope you gain some knowledge after this. If it doesn't, here is my apology for wasting your time. Good night.
Loves, meLodyyap.
No comments:
Post a Comment